The new Prestbury Medical Practice will be a state of the art, purpose built Medical centre which combines both the Bushbury Medical Centre and Prestbury at one location. The new Practice will play a crucial role in the Primary Care Network.
In particular, the project will:
• Ensure Primary Care in the area is sustainable and can respond to service model shift and population growth.
• Improve training capacity by providing additional GP registrar rooms as well as dedicated training and seminar room to help support and further the training of medical students and F2 doctors. The Practice would also be able to offer medical student elective training at the capacity it used to be able to provide.
• Enable more community and out-of-hospital services to be provided in a Primary Care setting.
• Support new initiatives such as tele-medicine in dedicated spaces (in a ground floor telehealth hub).
• Respond to the CCG Estate Strategy and resolve the problems inherent in the existing buildings – particularly Prestwood Road West which has been red rated.
Issues with the current practice
In 2019 our building in Prestbury Road West was audited by the NHS and “red rated”. This means it is no longer fit-for-purpose. We also need more space and modern premises to provide the best possible care for our patients including meeting infection control requirements.
The new building will provide a lot more space and on site parking for patients with good access to bus routes.
The NHS has approved our initial business case as the project will address their concerns and allow us to support the way the NHS is changing.